Blue-collar vs white-collar employees: what’s it about?
- Different treatment of blue-collar and white-collar employees in the field of occupational pensions
- Gradual abolition of the different treatment in order to get harmonization of both
Who is concerned?
- Both industry-wide and company-level pension schemes
What is the “cut-off date”?
- By 1 January 2025 : elimination of any discrimination between blue-collar and white-collar employees in existing occupational pension schemes
Blue-collar vs white-collar employees: timetable
< 1 jan 2015:
- Different pension schemes are not considered as being discriminatory
1 Jan 2015 – 01 Jan 2023 (industry-wide) / 01 Jan 2025 (company-level):
=Stand still period.
- New pension schemes: no more distinction possible
- Existing pension schemes: existing differences may not increase
≥ 1 Jan 2023 (industry-wide) / 01 Jan 2025 (company-level):
- No more distinction possible between blue-collar and white-collar employee pension schemes
- One new occupational pension scheme for all employees might be necessary
Blue-collar vs white-collar employees: processes
- It’s up to the industries to start the harmonization process.
- Companies can await the outcome of these negociations.
- Cut-off date is 01 Jan 2025 for both industries and companies
- The progress of harmonization process will be evaluated every 2 years
- Overview of existing occupational pension schemes
- Monitoring developments in the sectors of industry
- Modifying (carefuly) existing pension schemes
Do you want to know more about this topic ? Please contact email@example.com